Marius Myking is director and creative leader of Snøhetta Product Design, established in 2017 with the goal of creating products that push the boundaries of sustainable design and innovation. As part of Designers' Saturday he will participate in both the TALKS program and also host an open studio event for a panel discussion centered around this year's theme, organized by Snøhetta.
– How do you at Snøhetta approach this year's theme, "Collaborate"?
– The core of Snøhetta's business and processes is built on interdisciplinary collaboration. The idea is that by bringing in different professional approaches we can achieve a broader and more nuanced perspective on the task at hand. In an increasingly complex world we recognize that multidisciplinary expertise involving collaboration and learning between various fields of knowledge and experiences is necessary to solve intricate challenges.
– We're celebrating this year's DS theme by inviting friends, colleagues and competitors to our studio to meet experts and brands for a casual gathering and panel discussion on Thursday September 7th, at 4:00 PM. Our industry is facing significant challenges, and we believe that we have a responsibility to drive informed, positive change and development. We also understand that this requires a collective effort across different fields and experts from the entire industry. Therefore, our goal is to foster dialogue that initiates more sharing of experiences and insights among various stakeholders, hopefully sparking new and unexpected collaborations in the future.
– Could you also tell us a bit about your role in this year's TALKS?
– I am both humble and honored to be asked to speak at this year's TALKS and to have the opportunity to provide insight into our work, showcasing how we use collaboration to tackle the diverse and complex challenges we encounter in our projects. The designs we create fundamentally reflect the collaborations that made them possible, and I hope it will be interesting for the participants to gain a glimpse into our process.
Thursday, September 7th, 2023
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Snøhetta's offices in Skur 39. Akershusstranda 21, Oslo
RSVP: [email protected]